Job Opportunity: Algonquin Inòdewiziwin EarlyON Child and Family Centre Native Early Childhood Educator
The EarlyON Child and Family Centre Native Early Childhood Educator will provide assistance to Indigenous and non-Indigenous families, caregivers and communities to support their efforts in raising children aged zero to six years.
- Plan and implement cultural learning activities for children ages 0-6 years throughout North Hastings locations.
- Provide informal support and modeling for parents/caregivers attending early learning activities and training programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Early Years team and community support agencies to provide supports to families.
The successful candidate will require:
- A Vulnerable Sector Police Check and Valid Ontario Drivers License.
- Two years College diploma in the field of Native Early Childhood Education or university degreein child development will receive priority interviews.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Demonstrated understanding of Emergent Curriculum/Play Based Learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge or passion for learning of Indigenous culture, history, and ways of being.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabemowin language is an asset.
- Ability to work in a manner respectful of First Nations culture, values, and beliefs.
The following are terms to the employment agreement:
- The rate of pay is in accordance with the NHCS Salary Grid. (Starting at $20.22/hr)
- Benefit package available after 30 days.
- Must be available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM up to 35 hours/week.
- Must be available for flexible hours and days of work including some evenings and rotatingSaturdays
- Regular driving and may require use of personal vehicle.
- NHCS reserves the right to limit the notice entitlement upon termination to the minimumstandards of the Employment Standards Act.Please forward resumes by 4:30 PM November 14th, 2021 to North Hastings Children’s Services, 20 Hastings Heritage Way, Bancroft ON K0L 1C0 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Jessica Anderson, Executive Director and identify the position being applied for.