Job Opportunity: Indigenous Relations Intern
- Organization: Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry
- Division: Regional Operations Division – Southern Region
- City: Bancroft, Pembroke, Peterborough
- Job Term: 1 Temporary
- Job Code: 12100 – Community Planner 1
- Salary: $939.28 – $1,132.63 Per Week* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
- Job ID: 181831
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, May 20, 2022 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. As the Indigenous Relations Intern, you will:
- Assist in the development of a wide range of programs, policies and strategic initiatives related to the divisional goal to support sustainable natural resource development in Ontario.
- Track project activities, including reviewing and monitoring project progress, key deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Assist in the development of workshops and events, and prepare presentations, work plans, briefings and reports
Engage with Indigenous communities, other ministries and clients
- Conduct research and analysis for program initiatives and participate in the development of standards, processes and performance measures
- Participate in various committees and working groups.
- Have the support of a professional and welcoming team, a hands-on manager to ensure your success and development, and be assigned a mentor who will help in your professional growth.
How do I qualify?
NOTE: Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada;
- Has graduated or will graduate from an approved or legally authorized college or university with a diploma or an equivalent degree or postgraduate certificate within the last four years;
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in one MNRF 12-month placement and must not have participated in the MNRF internship program in the past.
OPS COVID-19 Safe Workplace Directive:
At this time, all employees working in congregate living settings are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated, meaning they are fully vaccinated as defined by the Ministry of Health (refer to: COVID-19 Fully Vaccinated Status in Ontario), including 14 calendar days have passed since receiving their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Employees who do not provide proof of full vaccination will be deemed ‘not vaccinated’ under the Employer’s policy and will be required to attend a vaccine education program, as determined by the Employer. Employees who are not vaccinated under the policy with a valid medical exemption will not be required to attend a vaccine education program. All employees working in congregate living settings must undergo regular rapid antigen testing, regardless of vaccination status.
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 300 Water St, Peterborough, East Region or 106 Monck St, Bancroft, East Region or 31 Riverside Dr, Pembroke, East Region
How to Apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, May 20, 2022 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario’s Human Rights Code.