The exhibition intends to unite Indigenous Nations & Canadians in contemplating our shared histories. The hope is that by examining our present situation & the potential of our futures, we can develop the resolve & understanding to move forward together.
Goals for the Project include:
- building connections among all Algonquin People
- promoting the Kijicho Manito Madaouskarini Algonquin First Nation Community
- promoting Algonquin artists from Kijicho Manito Madaouskarini Algonquin First Nation
- promoting artists from other Algonquin Communities
- promoting the Art Gallery of Bancroft
- engaging with the non-Indigenous Bancroft community on the meaning of Truth and Reconciliation
- demonstrating the potential of Algonquin inter-community projects
- exploring the possibility of a traveling exhibit to raise broader awareness of Algonquin People
For detailed information visit the official Project website, Truth and Reconciliation Project – Algonquin Indigenous Art Exhibit.
To explore a showcase of Algonquin Indigenous Artists from Ontario & connect with other artists & their communities, visit the Algonquin Artists website.